UPDATED 6 OCT. 2016: In the months since I posted this Wedding Hack Email Post, I have been testing out a bunch of other email apps to see if I can find “the perfect” email app for me and my business. In the end, I settled on Inbox by Gmail (free, in conjunction with the paid Mixmax Chrome Plugin) to manage my emails. The main reason I settled on Google Inbox is because;
- Inbox by Gmail allows me to Snooze emails I don’t want to tackle yet and they magically vanish from my Inbox only to appear at a later date (or even when I am in a certain physical location!).
- Inbox by Gmail has a Reminders feature and these Reminders show up in my Google Calendar. And, vice-versa, Reminders from Google Calendar show up in my emails/Inbox.
It occurred to me the other day that the very tools/software I use to run my business and life as both the author of The Queenstown Wedding Blog and as a Queenstown Wedding Photographer over at Fallon Photography are tools that would also be super helpful for couples planning a wedding.
I use a variety of applications (apps from here on in) to manage my email, to-do list and calendar amongst other aspects of my digital life. These apps are very powerful, easy to use, they’re almost all free and they greatly reduce the stress of a busy work/life. And I know that for you couples planning “the biggest day of your life” these very same apps will help you;
- Keep on top of your emails – “Inbox zero” every day anyone? (That’s geek-speak for a clean and empty email inbox).
- Remember emails that need actioning and to-do list items that need doing – when they need doing!
- Schedule meetings (even with multiple vendors/people) more quickly and easily
- Even see if that vendor you emailed has opened your email/clicked the link (sneak yes I know)
- Create re-useable built-in email templates that you can use to tweak-and-send multiple versions of the same email to different vendors.
- Greatly reduce the stress of planning a wedding.
- And probably a few other things I’m not thinking of right now…
Right, without further ado, let’s jump right in. I’ll cover a bunch of apps over the next few weeks, focusing on email, to-do lists and calendar apps and we will cover all of the points in the bulleted list above by the end but for now let’s start with #WeddingProductivity Hack #1 – Email (part 1 of 2). Here goes nothing…
(Just click on the image below to access the video).